Settlement Music School is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
- • Provides any and all documentation necessary for program licensing under PA Department of Public Welfare and PA Department of Education regulations
- • Knowledge of and compliance with all Settlement Music School Code of Personnel Practices, Head Start Performance Standards, and NAEYC Accreditation Criteria.
- • Works cooperatively with all Settlement Music School staff, Early Childhood Program staff and all other support service providers. Regular and frequent communication with Kaleidoscope Social Worker of all information on children’s health, welfare, education,’ and family issues.
- • Supervises assistant teachers, parents, visitors and volunteers.
- • Orientation and training for new staff, substitutes and student teachers.
- • Curriculum planning and implementation consistent with NAEYC guidelines for developmentally appropriate practice, PA Early Learning Standards and the Kaleidoscope Preschool Arts Enrichment Program Curriculum/Creative Curriculum.
- • Providing and posting monthly lesson plans and reflections for school year.
- • Daily communication and review of curriculum lesson plans with Kaleidoscope artist teachers.
- • Full participation in arts classes and assistance for arts teaching.
- • Preparation and completion of all steps in individual child assessment process.
- • Fully participates in special events, staff meetings, research projects, conference presentations or other assignments that are mandatory.
- • Facilitates and encourages daily parent communication and involvement in the Kaleidoscope Program.
- • Sets up and maintains classroom, orders supplies, and inventory.
- • Oversees and maintains daily, weekly, and monthly record-keeping.
- • Participation and contribution to program planning, evaluation and professional development.
- • Seeks ongoing personal professional development, and supports professional development of co-workers.
- • Performs any duties assigned by the Early Childhood Director necessary to sustaining the growth and improvement of all programs included in the Settlement Music School Early Childhood Initiatives.
- • Maintains professional demeanor with co-workers, administration, children, and parents at all times.
Head Teachers will receive a written, yearly evaluation by the Program Director.To apply, please send cover letter and resume by to Tarrell Davis, Early Childhood Program Director.
Part-time position (approximately 20 hours/weekday mornings) begins immediately for a Cleaning/Maintenance person at the Willow Grove Branch of Settlement Music School, 318 Davisville Road, Willow Grove (off Route 611). Free onsite parking lot; accessible to public transportation.
This new 25,000 square foot facility in Willow Grove opened in January 2011. Settlement Music School, founded in 1908, is the largest community arts organization of its kind in the United States and is a non-profit organization that provides quality instruction in music and the related arts to more than 10,000 students between the ages of 3 and older adults at six facilities located in the Delaware Valley.
Mature, responsible, dependable individual needed to work from 8:00 a.m. until 12:00 p.m. Mondays through Fridays.
Minimum 3 years of related work experience, ability to work as part of a team with full-time maintenance staff. Excellent cleaning skills, light lifting and excellent communication skills required. Starting salary is $9.50 per hour. Interviewed candidates must pass police background check and child abuse clearances.
To apply, send cover letter and resume to:
Willow Grove Branch
Settlement Music School
Attention: Patricia Manley, Director
318 Davisville Road
Willow Grove, PA 19090
or send to Branch Director Patricia Manley via email.
- FACULTY EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
Full-time Branch Coordinator position available immediately at the Willow Grove Branch, 318 Davisville Road, Willow Grove (near Willow Grove Mall). Free onsite parking lot; short walk from Septa train and bus stops on Route 611.
Successful candidate will have at least 3 years previous experience in a professional office setting. Branch Hours are 10:00 am – 9:00 pm Monday – Friday and 9:00 am to 2:00 pm Saturdays during school year (September to June) and 9:00 – 5:00 weekdays (summer). Regular evening and weekend work required during the school year.
Candidate must have Bachelor’s degree (any subject) and college level training or background in music (major or minor instrument or voice instruction preferred), familiarity with composers, instruments, and ability to make recommendations for appropriate levels of instruction. The Branch Coordinator meets with prospective students from diverse backgrounds, social circumstances, economic and educational levels to suggest appropriate instruction with specific teachers. Calm personality and ability to manage multiple projects are a must for the successful candidate.
Excellent reading, writing, editing, conversation, math, computer and telephone skills are required. Ability to work accurately with student payments and faculty payroll on a computerized system will be required. Training on software programs will be provided. Proficiency with MS Office software a plus.
No telephone calls, please. Send resume and references for consideration to: Director, Willow Grove Branch Settlement Music School, Attention Branch Coordinator Position, 318 Davisville Road, Willow Grove, PA 19090 or by . Subject line: Attention Branch Coordinator Position.
Part-time receptionist position available immediately at the Mary Louise Curtis Branch of Settlement Music School, 416 Queen St (between Catherine and Christian), Philadelphia PA 19147. Free onsite parking lot; accessible by Route 47 bus route.
Successful candidate will have at least 3 years previous experience in a professional office setting. Candidates must have excellent reading, writing, conversation, computer and telephone skills; ability to work accurately with student payments on a computerized system; and willingness to work with and help people of all ages and backgrounds. Proficiency with MS Office software a plus.
The position will require evening and weekend hours during the school year. Mary Louise Curtis Branch hours (Sept – June) are Monday, Tuesday, Thursday 9:00 AM - 9:00 PM, Wednesday 9:00 AM - 7:00 PM, Friday 9:00 AM - 8:00 PM and Saturday 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM. Summer hours (July/August) are Monday, Tuesday, Thursday 9:00 AM - 7:30 PM and Wednesday, Friday 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM.
Send resumes and salary history for consideration to: Director, Mary Louise Curtis Branch Settlement Music School, Attention Receptionist Position, 416 Queen Street Philadelphia, PA, or by . No telephone calls, please.
Qualifications: B.A., Early Childhood Education. Two years experience working as a teacher in a preschool program.
Head Teachers work under the direct supervision of the Early Childhood Program Director.
Head Teacher responsibilities:
Settlement Music School welcomes resumes and letters of interest from qualified teachers seeking employment in the core program of afternoon, evening and Saturday instruction or in various daytime programs that the School offers.
In general, Settlement employs fully credentialed and experienced specialist teachers. Settlement gives preference to candidates willing to work at multiple locations and interested in making a significant commitment of time to their teaching at Settlement.
To apply, mail, email or fax a brief resume and cover letter to:
, Executive Director
Settlement Music School
P.O. Box 63966
Philadelphia, PA 19147-3966
(215) 551-0483 - fax
The Executive Director hires faculty for all locations. Please do not telephone.
Successful candidates will have a minimum of a bachelor's degree in applied music or music education from an accredited institution with a major in violin.
Successful candidates will have a minimum of a bachelor's degree in applied music with a concentration in conducting or in music education from an accredited institution, as well as experience in leading choral ensembles.
Additionally, Settlement is always accepting resumes for the following positions:
Ballet and Creative Movement
Children’s Music Workshop
Successful candidates will have a minimum of a bachelor degree in applied music or music education from an accredited institution with a major in the instrument they seek to teach. Settlement generally gives preference to candidates with advanced degrees and specific studio teaching experience.