Settlement Music School is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
- • Manage student registrations for families in the selection of programs and teachers
- • Process and apply financial aid requests and application for students
- • Manage all aspects of student billing and invoicing
- • Manage faculty schedules and payroll; manage part-time administrative and maintenance schedules and payroll
- • Make bank deposits and reconciliations daily
- • Assist in identifying community resources for the School
- • Assist with all branch events, meetings, and performances
- • Previous experience in a professional office and/or customer service setting (at least three years)
- • Bachelor’s degree
- • Demonstrated knowledge of music education; familiarity with instruments, composers, andindividual instrumental instruction at a post-secondary level a plus
- • Computer proficiency a must
- • Excellent reading, writing, computer and communication skills
- • Highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks
- • Ability to interact professionally with a diverse constituency
- • Flexible schedule a must (includes regular evening and Saturday hours during school year)
- FACULTY EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
The Branch Coordinator assists the Branch Director in the administration of the branch. The Coordinator works closely with faculty, administrative staff and students on a daily basis.
Specific responsibilities for this full-time position include:
The Branch Coordinator reports to the Branch Director.
To apply, send cover letter, resume and references by to Karin Orenstein, Branch Director. Subject line: Branch Coordinator Position. No telephone calls please.
Kaleidoscope Plus, Settlement Music School's after-school program for children ages 3 to 9, seeks a theater theater to provide instruction. Hours for the position are Monday through Friday, 2:30 PM to 6:00 PM.
Specific responsibilities for this part-time position include:
• Theater curriculum planning and implementation that meets NAEYC and Kaleidoscope Arts for Early Childhood Curriculum Standards
• Classroom management and redirection for pre-school aged children.
• Studio set-up, inventory and maintenance.
• Working cooperatively with Settlement Music School staff, Early Childhood Program staff, Elementary School staff, Head Start and other support personnel.
• Participating in orientation and training for new teaching staff, special events, staff meetings, committee assignments, research projects, and conference presentations.
• Escorting from local elementary schools.
• This position reports to the Director of Early Childhood Programs.
• A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Theater or a related discipline in required.
• Master's degree preferred.
• 2+ years of teaching experience in theater, particularly with 3 to 9-year aged children.
• Applicant should be creative, energetic and outgoing.
• Experience working and collaborating with artist teachers, young children, parents, and children with special needs.
Candidate must be able to provide all documentation necessary for program licensing under PA Department of Public Welfare and PA Department of Education regulations which include Child Abuse, FBI and Criminal Clearances and an up-to-date health assessment.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to Tarrell Davis, Director of Early Childhood Program, via .
The Mary Louise Curtis Branch seeks a full-time maintenance worker to perform a variety of janitorial and/or security tasks to maintain a clean and safe building.
• Clean and service restrooms nightly
• Clean all Kaleidoscope Pre-School classrooms nightly
• Sweep, vacuum and mop stairways, hallways and lobby floors nightly
• Gather and dispose of rubbish and waste materials
• Set building alarm and secure building at end of shift
• Clean grounds and parking lot of litter, glass or other debris
• Observe appearances and conditions of premises and equipment, and report needed repairs, safety hazards, or conditions requiring outside vendor services to branch director and/or facilities manager
• Knowledge of standard methods, practices, tools and equipment used to clean buildings and furniture
• Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety rules
• Ability to operate and use janitorial tools, equipment and supplies such as vacuum cleaners, cleaning compounds and solutions
• Ability to follow instructions
• Ability to lift up to 40 pounds
Interviewed candidates must pass police background check and child abuse clearances
The job duties require an employee to bend, reach and stand for extended periods
Minimum 3 years of related work experience. No specific amount of formal education is required.
To apply, send cover letter and resume to: Mary Louise Curtis Branch, Settlement Music School, Attention: Kris Rudzinski, Director, 416 Queen Street, Philadelphia, PA 19147, by fax to 215-551-0483, or by .
Part-time receptionist position available immediately at the Camden Branch of Settlement Music School.
Candidate must be Spanish-English bilingual; have excellent reading, writing, conversation, computer and telephone skills; ability to work accurately with student payments on a computerized system and provide excellent customer service to people of all ages and backgrounds. Proficiency with MS Office software a plus. Receptionist will answer telephones, take student payments, and perform general filing and office duties. Knowledge of music not required, but desirable.
No phone calls, please. To apply, send resume to Valerie Clayton, Director, Camden Branch, Settlement Music School, Attn: Receptionist Position, 531 Market Street, Camden NJ 08102, by fax to 856-541-1017, or by .
Settlement Music School welcomes resumes and letters of interest from qualified teachers seeking employment in the core program of afternoon, evening and Saturday instruction or in various daytime programs that the School offers.
In general, Settlement employs fully credentialed and experienced specialist teachers. Settlement gives preference to candidates willing to work at multiple locations and interested in making a significant commitment of time to their teaching at Settlement.
To apply, mail, email or fax a brief resume and cover letter to:
, Executive Director
Settlement Music School
P.O. Box 63966
Philadelphia, PA 19147-3966
(215) 551-0483 - fax
The Executive Director hires faculty for all locations. Please do not telephone.
Successful candidates will have a minimum of a bachelor's degree in applied music or music education from an accredited institution with a major in violin.
Successful candidates will have a minimum of a bachelor's degree in applied music with a concentration in conducting or in music education from an accredited institution, as well as experience in leading choral ensembles.
Additionally, Settlement is always accepting resumes for the following positions:
Ballet and Creative Movement
Children’s Music Workshop
Successful candidates will have a minimum of a bachelor degree in applied music or music education from an accredited institution with a major in the instrument they seek to teach. Settlement generally gives preference to candidates with advanced degrees and specific studio teaching experience.