Settlement Music School is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Two part-time receptionist positions available immediately at the Germantown Branch of Settlement Music School, 6128 Germantown Avenue, between Walnut Lane and Tulpehocken Street. Free onsite parking lot; short walk from Septa train and easily accessible by bus.
Candidates must have excellent reading, writing, conversation, computer and telephone skills; ability to work accurately with student payments on a computerized system; and provide excellent customer service to people of all ages and backgrounds. Proficiency with MS Office software a plus. Receptionist will answer telephones, take student payments, and perform general filing and office duties. Knowledge of music not required, but desirable.
Hours for these part-time positions are Tuesdays and Thursdays, 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM, and Monday through Thursday evenings, 5:00 to 9:00 PM, both from September to June.
To apply, send resume to Eric Anderson, Branch Director of Germantown Branch, Settlement Music School, 6128 Germantown Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19144, or via .
Qualifications: BFA or BA in Music, Visual Art, Dance, or Arts Therapy. Two years of teaching preschool/elementary age children.
Artist Teachers work under the direct supervision of the Early Childhood Program Director.
Artist Teachers responsibilities:
• Provides any and all documentation necessary for program licensing under PA. Department of Public Welfare and PA, Department of Education regulations.
• Knowledge of and compliance with all Settlement Music School Code of Personnel Practices, Head Start Performance Standards, NAEYC Accreditation Criteria and Keystone Stars.
• Curriculum planning and implementation consistent with all standards that apply to the Kaleidoscope Preschool Arts Enrichment Program. Artist teachers work cooperatively with all Settlement Music School staff, Early Childhood Program staff and all support service providers.
• Fully participates in special events, staff meetings, committee assignments, research projects, and conference presentations.
• Maintains inventory and maintenance of dance supplies and equipment.
• Seeks ongoing personal professional development and support for professional development of co-workers. Attends professional development opportunities for Kaleidoscope Preschool Arts Enrichment Program.
• Performs any other duties assigned by the Early Childhood Director necessary to sustaining growth and improvement of all programs included in the Settlement Music School Early Childhood Initiatives.
• Provides commitment for year long instruction annually
Artist Teachers will receive a written annual evaluation by the Program Director.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter by email to , Director, Early Childhood Program.
The Executive Assistant is an integral member of the Executive Office and serves as the primary liaison for the central administration. The Executive Assistant provides a dual function of internal daily support to the Executive Director and Development Office and also external support expertly navigating professional relationships with Board members, donors and friends of the School from the greater Philadelphia corporate and philanthropic community.
Internal support includes scheduling, correspondence, managing office systems and filing; posting and acknowledging contributions and non-tuition revenue; Gala planning; maintaining donor and program files; distributing scholarship and special award letters; managing and planning Board, committee, staff and special meetings; working with caterers and other vendors; and communication with prospective and current faculty, staff and Board members as well as the general public.
The ideal candidate will be highly organized and interested in managing a great number of daily activities, have a keen business acumen, and have an interest in institutional advancement and an awareness of the larger arts and culture community both locally and nationally.
The Executive Assistant reports directly to the Executive Director.
• Bachelor’s degree minimum
• 3+ years experience in an office setting with working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
• Superior verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to think strategically and work collaboratively
• Self-motivated and outstanding organizational skills
• Previous non-profit, arts or music experience is a plus
Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume by email only to .
Settlement Music School welcomes resumes and letters of interest from qualified teachers seeking employment in the core program of afternoon, evening and Saturday instruction or in various daytime programs that the School offers.
In general, Settlement employs fully credentialed and experienced specialist teachers. Settlement gives preference to candidates willing to work at multiple locations and interested in making a significant commitment of time to their teaching at Settlement.
To apply, mail, email or fax a brief resume and cover letter to:
, Executive Director
Settlement Music School
P.O. Box 63966
Philadelphia, PA 19147-3966
(215) 551-0483 - fax
The Executive Director hires faculty for all locations. Please do not telephone.
Successful candidates will have a minimum of a bachelor degree in applied music or music education from an accredited institution with a major in piano.
Children's Music Workshop
Successful candidates will have a minimum of a bachelor degree in music or music education from an accredited institution, experience working with young children and specific Orff, Kodaly or related training.
Ballet and Creative Movement
Successful candidates will have a minimum of a bachelor degree in dance or dance education from an accredited institution, experience working with children of all ages and professional dance experience.
Additionally, Settlement is always accepting resumes for the following positions:
Children’s Music Workshop
Successful candidates will have a minimum of a bachelor degree in applied music or music education from an accredited institution with a major in the instrument they seek to teach. Settlement generally gives preference to candidates with advanced degrees and specific studio teaching experience.